So guess who actually has plenty of stuff to share today? That would be me!
I am liking this new schedule for Weekend Favorites. Instead of apologizing every other Friday when I hardly have anything to share, I just hold off and only post when I’ve got some stuff worth passing along. Much better 🙂
Anyway, today I’ve got links for the yarn lovers as well as the polymer afflicted. I’m feeling somewhat polymer afflicted myself lately. While I haven’t yet taken the plunge and spread my supplies out all over the dining room table, I do find myself looking longingly at the clay cabinet now and then. I think I will be opening that door soon…
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- TextureTide is my new design. Pattern will be c… by judithbrien via Instagram
- Finished this sweet newborn set for my cousin’s… by nevernotknitting via Instagram
- when your drive home looks this pretty 💛 i lov… by designlovefest via Instagram
- I ❤️ Sunday’s. #knitting #welcomemocs #afriend… by lesliefriend via Instagram
- Trying to decide which midprogress makeitup as … by annamariahorner via Instagram
- Today is the day – we’re about to get married! … by thelocalbranch via Instagram
- Best blue doors of Hudson // #lisacongdoninhuds… by lisacongdon via Instagram
- September’s birth flower is the aster, so I alw… by uncommongrace via Instagram
- Fair Isle sweater WIP #knitting #fairisle #WIP … by boojis via Instagram
- Finally cast on my vito sweater. Loving the fee… by heatherturpintine via Instagram
- • favorites Friday • A detox tea, my favorite m… by nikiwisephoto via Instagram
- High Dive | Maplewood, NJ #maplewood #maplewoodnj by mostlymaplewood via Instagram
- I’m so in love with this little lamb. I painted… by studio_thoughts via Instagram
- Coffee and walnut cake. For a books and tea Sun… by janebrocket via Instagram
- Happy Sunday Friends!! I’m doing a little sneak… by gertrudemade via Instagram
- This was my reward for lacing up my shoes and r… by craftsanity via Instagram
- #starbucks #starbucksportraits #gillette #newje… by brentconklin via Instagram
- So happy to dress like it’s autumn! And then so… by ysolda via Instagram
- Moonrise over Sunflower Maze at Sussex County.#… by rkushwah via Instagram
- 😎🌻 by shmandrea4 via Instagram
- Finished foxy!! 😀 🍂🌼 halfway through this ho… by emillieferris via Instagram
- Over the weekend this beauty made it’s way into… by freshsqueezedfabrics via Instagram
- Raspberry jam jars are now the stars of the pan… by freshsqueezedfabrics via Instagram
- Stadium #crochet at high school football game… by pennamiteplr via Instagram
- Sometimes I wonder… by Euge de la Peña via Flickr
- my duties are chopping and plating. having a ro… by designlovefest via Instagram
- On a wall in my mother’s house, hangs my favori… by woolful via Instagram
- A sneak peek at things to come! How do they loo… by megangrayarts via Instagram
- Gathered. All my favorite September blooms. #my… by mayamade via Instagram
- For months, Aliza Joy told us that for her birt… by sortaawesomemeg via Instagram
- Today we all woke, tired but cheerful. It certa… by lindsaycrandall via Instagram
- Happy Labor Day from the boards in Seaside Heig… by steve14651 via Instagram
- obsessed. my new business cards are here. and i… by bethadilly via Instagram
- Al fresco while we can. -SCB by 3191milesapart via Instagram
- Sitting knitting. #fringehatalong #larbrehat by esthercarrera via Instagram
- Feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, ir… by lotuswei via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- From The Big Bang Theory to Roseanne to Jane the Virgin, why do TV characters all own the same old afghan? – an investigation by Slate. This is pretty cool, but I wish there were more pictures. And what about Parks & Rec? Ann’s blanket is one of the prettiest granny square afghans I’ve seen on TV.
- 40 Years of Color Mixing – from Smashing Color. Maggie Maggio is well-known in the polymer clay community for her expertise with color. It turns out, her experimentation goes way back. It started with a white cotton sheet and three colors of RIT dye.
- Slow Fashion October — get ready! – something cool from Fringe Association. She writes, “Slow Fashion is a big subject, and I want every week to be inclusive of everyone who might be interested — from sewers and knitters to thrifters and menders and anyone just trying to be more mindful and informed about where their clothes are coming from and what environmental impact their buying habits have.” I love the sound of this, and October seems like an awesome month for it.
- Chaleur: Fingerless Gloves For Fall – a roundup from Crochet And Knitting Patterns. Oh cool. It’s almost that time of year again…
- Improv: a cardigan DIY – knitting show-and-tell from Cozy Things. This is one of those things – improvising a sweater, I mean – that you look at with complete awe when you are a beginning knitter. And then somewhere along the line, after you’ve knit many patterns to the letter, and have progressed to making small adjustments to some of them, you look up and realize, yes. Yes, I could improvise an entire sweater. Anyway. That’s what struck me when I saw Kristen’s new entirely improvised sweater. It’s sweet how our skills slowly build when we practice a craft, until one day we are suddenly realize just how deep our knowledge of that craft has become!
- PREMO! Color Charts and The Joy of Fearless Color Mixing! – charts and tips from Yellow House Designs. Julie writes, “Mix your colors fearlessly, because you can always re-work a color you don’t like.” Totally agreed. She shares a coupe of color charts featuring Premo pearl and metallic colors, and gives some tips for using these “iced” colors with solids.
Enjoy those links, and have a happy Friday!