I’m sitting on my bed to write this, and my laptop battery is about to give out. I’ll have to be brief for this intro today!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
(Follow me?Flickr | Instagram)
- I finally found one! Ain’t she a beau… by shutterhuff via Instagram
- Woke up this morning with a better wa… by carolhartseattle via Instagram
- the prettiest margarita you’ll ever s… by designlovefest via Instagram
- My release banner is hanging happily!… by mayamade via Instagram
- I’m just going to hide behind this qu… by thezenofmaking via Instagram
- feeding my soul. #timewithjill #grate… by lesliefriend via Instagram
- I’ve been angry and sad for the past … by mariannekarkki via Instagram
- An incredible spiral staircase in Fra… by designsponge via Instagram
- I picked up my camera and went for a … by jmistur via Instagram
- We walked all over Paris today. We bo… by ohhappyday via Instagram
- Good morning! by elsielarson via Instagram
- untitled by _tarareese via Instagram
- Working on my sock yarn scrappy blank… by thishandmadelife via Instagram
- Its a cinnamon tea kind of friday mor… by thishandmadelife via Instagram
- Cast off one project… Cast on new p… by thishandmadelife via Instagram
- Lunching with the brilliant @kirstinm… by xantheb via Instagram
- Someone needs to climb up and untangl… by ohhappyday via Instagram
- Hot tae and bickies xx by soniamcmahon via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- Upcycled Dolls get a Makunder – from Tree Change Dolls, via MAKE: Craft. I don’t think I could possibly love this project more than I do. Discarded Bratz dolls (and others of their ilk) are made-under with a newly-painted face and handmade clothes. The results are surprisingly wholesome. It’s worth clicking through the Craft: article to Sonia’s Tumblr blog for more before-and-after pictures.
- Pajama Pants – a sewing tutorial from Craftsy. A nice pair of cozy lounge pants can feel so decadent, particularly on a Winter night in front of the fire. This tutorial shows you how to fashion a pair out of a thrifted bed sheet. It’s a great way to pamper yourself without spending much.
- Limit Your Creativity to Push Your Creativity – tips from Brennan Lanter, via Click it up a Notch. She takes some stunning photos from the passenger seat of a car, let me tell you! While this article focuses on limits in photography, the same concept can be applied to any art.
Have a great Friday!