Hello there, and happy Friday! Let’s get right into the good stuff 🙂
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Untitled, 2. December 17- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus… (a decoration from my childhood), 3. Life According to Linus, 4. Sparkling, 5. Countdown, 6. nothing more I need, 7. December 18 2014, 8. 351/365, 9. Untitled, 10. Blue skies and the beautiful Ravenel bridge! #decemberreflections #day14 #stripes #chs, 11. IMG_9310_2, 12. 348/365, 13. Good Morning! Happy Tuesday folks! #fromwhereistand #themugchronicles #majorsworld #anaussieslife #morningslikethese #livefolk #liveauthentic #flowtinypleasures #igers_philly, 14. there they were, 15. Untitled, 16. A Favorite Ornament
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Project 365 – tips for undertaking a year-long photo project from Meredith Winn of Shutter Sisters, via DPmag.com. Considering Project 365 in January? I’ll be embarking on my seventh(!) year-long photo project on New Year’s Day, so you know I can recommend the idea wholeheartedly. When I started my photographic skills were nothing to write home about, but the daily practice of picking up the camera has not only improved my skills tremendously, but has helped me see the beauty in my everyday life more clearly. Corny, but true!
- Cable Stitch – a crochet tutorial from Look At What I Made. I know that you can do traditionally knit patterns in crochet, such as ribbing and cables, but I have a hard time wrapping my brain around how. Luckily there’s Look What I Made to demystify at least one of those things with a snazzy photo tutorial.
- A-Line Skirts: 5 Tips for a Flattering Fit – a tutorial from The Zen of Making. I kind of wish I was more into skirt-wearing at this time of year. (Or any time, for that matter – I was a skirt-wearing nut for a few summers there, but lately I’d rather wear pants so I don’t have to sit in a ladylike fashion…) Anyway, for those of you who want to rock the skirt + tights + tall boots look this winter, check out these tips for making a skirt that is perfect for your body.
- DIY Mini granny square crochet baskets – a project from Vika Moka, via This Little street. These are cute and they look like the’d be pretty quick to whip up. I could see having a few of these in the bedroom to keep those little odds and ends that are always scattered across my dresser.
Have a happy Friday!