Oh, I just love this week’s mosaic! It’s so bright and colorful, while still being cozy. I usually build these mosaics in dribs and drabs over the course of a week, so they don’t always have a cohesiveness to them. This one delivers nicely, I think.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. bunnies, 2. threads, 3. Get low II., 4. Arrivals, 5. three queens, 6. Shortly before Autumn, 7. the September sunset, 8. Mariquita., 9. morning dews, 10. Dragon Scales, 11. Marlowe Monkey, 12. Attempt at another sock yarn blanket…, 13. Greece is…, 14. Pink girls, 15. 035, 16. Eye candy never hurts, 17. Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ, 18. changes, 19. nomnom!, 20. Sunflower, 21. 217, 22. blanket roll, 23. I’ll get back to posting quilty stuff soon…but I can’t resist sharing this cuteness!!, 24. violas, 25. フェンスと花, 26. Do Good Stitches: Happy Houses Quilt, 27. Been Sewing!, 28. Postcard from Sweden quilt, 29. Easy to inspire, 30. Colours, 31. front of the bench, 32. 048.CR2
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- How-to Make Homemade Nut Butters – recipes and tips from Tasty Yummies. Oh, these look so delicious. And there’s plenty of useful information here, too.
- Crochet Granny Square Zippered Pouch – a tutorial from Skip To My Lou. This is so pretty! And since I think my sons would rather poke their eyes out than put their school pencils in one of these, I would repurpose the instructions and make myself a wallet.
- Building Better Bags: Hardware Resources – a list from Betz White. I am so into bag-making in my mind. I mean, looking at Betz’s bags in particular really gets me thinking about sewing my own bags, what they’d look like, what I’d carry in them… and still my sewing machine gathers dust. I’m bookmarking this resource list for the day I actually begin to act on my bag-making daydreams!
- antler – a knitting show-and-tell from a Friend to knit with. I tend to stay away from knitting pullovers for myself, but I really like the look of this one. Tempting. Very tempting.
- Aibell Pullover – a knitting pattern by Kelene Kinnersly, via berroco design studio. Alright, here’s another pullover pattern that really grabs me. I think the universe is telling me something. I love the cables. I would avoid knitting boredom so much more easily with a cabled design.
- Half Hexie Star Table Runner – a sewing pattern from CraftyPod. I love the color scheme Diane used here. And what really grabs me is the fact that you really can’t tell at first glance that hexagons had anything to do with this design at all.
- Big Telecom vs THE WORLD – a call to action from Cory Doctorow, via Boing Boing. Not sure what the big deal is about Net Neutrality? Cory Doctorow explains it here in plain English, and provides a link for you to get involved. You can simply sign a petition, or you can go a step further and donate to the cause. This is important if you value your Internet freedom.
Have a great Friday! The weather where I live is looking to be really nice – I hope the same for you!