Well, shoot. It’s Labor Day Weekend here already and I am nowhere near finished with summer. Why can’t the summer last as long as that darned interminable winter always does? *sigh*
You may be happy to notice this week that I came across plenty of links to share (it’s about time, I know). And holy cow, did I ever come through on the Flickr photos! I found so many delicious images, I actually had too many for a mosaic! (the limit is 36.) I ended up making two mosaics and sticking them together in Photoshop.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. bookmarks, 2. Eisbachsurfer und …, 3. Tenby Take Away, 4. Port of George Town, 5. Freiräume, 6. Kenmore Street, Chicago, 7. August 23 AbandonedWarehouses2, 8. Raindrops!, 9. vroom, 10. 6320 Charlee, 11. FO: Hoot, 12. Wabi-sabi Scarf: in progress, 13. I heart, 14. fall grass, 15. berry beautiful, 16. Wouldn’t be New England without a rainy day. #imonbowlnumber2 #chowdah, 17. first peek, 18. Into the Wild Blue, 19. peonies + alium, 20. blur on purpose, 21. Happy Friday, 22. Untitled, 23. Posto na Praia, 24. Untitled, 25. Necklace, 26. E com vocês o COR DE ROSA!!!, 27. Five pendants, 28. brazos bend park, 29. Bali beach, 30. Still life with fish for a friend, 31. Echinacea purpurea ‘Sonnenuntergang’, 32. LCA23022, 33. St. Charles MO train station, 34. Untitled, 35. Untitled, 36. Plums
37. Untitled, 38. Beach. Life. #vscocam #roadtrippin, 39. idlewild, August 2, 40. Daisy, 41. Pretty Pastel Style, 42. From our living room, 43. december light…, 44. colorful crochet blanket, 45. Crocheted blanket halfway done!, 46. another lovely blanket found at fleamarket..
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Coast Ripple blanket :: ta-dah! – a new crochet pattern from Attic24. Oh my goodness, do I ever love the colors in Lucy’s latest blanket! I keep thinking that my next blanket will be a ripple, and this photo-heavy show-and-tell does nothing to dissuade me. Lucy has written up the pattern for free, and has a kit available, too.
- Learning Something New – an amazing firework photo from Jessica Claire. I’ve never seen a fireworks photo like this one. It’s pretty amazing, and now that she’s explained how to get it, I want someone to set off some fireworks around here!
- on focus and what to do when you have "too many ideas" – a podcast episode from ELISE JOY by Elise Blaha Cripe. Sometimes I have so many ideas, I become paralyzed and act on NONE of them. Sound familiar? I enjoyed Elise’s latest podcast episode. She thinks aloud about this problem and offers a strategy or two to deal with it.
- Learn more about your customers with new Pinterest Analytics – from Pinterest for Business. This is cool, if you have a small business. What did I learn? I learned it’s time for me to come up with a new knit or crochet pattern. Polka Dot Cottage’s most popular content is yarn-related.
- 3 Steps to Quick & Easy Mason Jar Breakfasts – from Hello Healthy. I’m kind of a mason jar addict these days. I never drink out of a regular glass anymore. Here’s a formula for putting together a healthy breakfast in that trendy little jar.
Have a lovely last-Friday-of-the-summer!