Happy Fourth of July to my fellow Americans 🙂
This week I felt a little nostalgic for the old days (years ago) when I used to post Flickr favorites mosaics and they were so big and packed with tons of pictures! It made me think that my recent little 9-picture squares were kinda puny in comparison. So I spent a bit longer wandering around Flickr this week. There’s always something pretty to find over there if you’re looking for it!
Please enjoy this larger-than-usual collection of images this week, and I’ll try to be plentiful like this with the photo love more often.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Sunflower Cane – in process, 2. The arrow pillow is one if my contributions to @jennydoh’s #stitchalongbook now available…working on a few more original items like these pillows for my class @frenchgeneral this August, need summer to slow down!, 3. Big Pendant, 4. line dry, 5. Ahhh #wimbledon #crochet #converse, 6. Getting ready to fly away home. Thanks #disneysmmoms for the memories! It was an honor being with you all in Phoenix. xo #disneyside, 7. orange and white, 8. cherry almond dutch baby, 9. marigold and gingham…, 10. Red gingham edging on the shelves, 11. Jar of Colors, 12. 158/365, 13. milkshake!, 14. London Nights, 15. Princess of my kingdom, 16. Spend the afternoon. You can’t take it with you. -Annie Dillard., 17. Caught in mid-flight, 18. Have you ever held a bird in your hand? #birds #softies #hand #woodlandtale, 19. Colgante murrina Mandala, 20. Fabulous Faux Collection – Faux Coral and Turquoise Night of the Tigress Earrings
Around the Web
I spend some time earlier in the week sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Blog For Your Friends, Not Your Critics – thoughts from Love Grows Design Blog. I love this reminder. Don’t apologize to your readers for what you are not. Embrace what you are, because chances are your true fans love that stuff, too. (That’s why they are reading your blog in the first place, no?)
- Smile and Wave Tote Bag – a new sewing pattern from Betz White. Did you see my interview with Betz this week? This is one of the patterns I mentioned. It’s new and it makes me want to go to the beach. Like, right now. I love (LOVE!) the variation one of her testers made with solid linen.
- On Growing Up – thoughts from Tracey Clark. Yep.
- Bokehxplosions – a beautiful video from Stanislas Giroux on Vimeo. I’ve tried out-of-focus firework photography before (and it was really pretty) but Giroux takes it to lovely heights with this video.
- Waste Not, Want Not – a crochet show-and-tell from Sew I See!. This may be one of those blankets you don’t want to look at too, too closely. From far away, though, the variety of colors and different yarns all mesh together really nicely.
- Songbird Eggs – a tutorial from Polymer Clay Web. This is a project that is perfect for beginners, but still has appeal for those of us who have been doing this for a while.
Have a lovely Friday, and a safe + festive Fourth!