Just a quick blog-related note today. I’ve re-arranged the sidebar on the right of the page and removed the BlogHer ad. This means that if you would like to be a sponsor, your ad will appear right there above the fold at the top of the page in a prime spot.
I’ve wanted to do this for a long time, but BlogHer requires that their ad be the first thing on the page, and I had to wait for my contract to end before I could remove it.
BlogHer has always been a consistent form of income for me, but I weighed that against my desire to have my blog sponsored by smaller indie businesses and blogs. The idea of cultivating a small hometown feel won. Hands-down.
I hope you’ll consider advertising. You can find all of the details here. There are lots of benefits (social media shout-outs every Friday, inclusion in a monthly sponsor highlight post, and now you will be seen right at the top of the page, instead of underneath some corporate ad. Cool, no?
Take a peek. And thank you!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
1. Spring Bunnies, 2. Beginnings of Spring, 3. a little bit of happy, 4. Untitled, 5. approved, 6. mashed circles in chartruese and red 2, 7. Working on this little project, just because. @sfielke @becraftsy #dollyquilt, 8. Rosa Silk Cowl Sweater, 9. ..,and the top is done!#stitchindye
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Do Peepguins Need Sweaters?: a peeps-in-a-yarn-shop diorama from The Last Word On Nothing
- A website that teaches you how to knit: the new Sheep + Stitch, via How About Orange
- Arctic Wrap: a knitting pattern from The Purl Bee
- TZoM on Threadbanger: Crochet Basics with Twinkie Chan + Haley: from The Zen of Making
- How Three Young Men Used Their Crochet Skills To Change The Lives of Hundreds Of People: from Lion Brand Notebook
- I Shall Teach You to Make a T-Shirt Memory Quilt, Live!: from Craftypod
- Going to Craftcation (and Sewing Eye Masks!): a cute project by Kim Werker
- All Seasons Pillow: free pattern from The Quilter’s Appliqué Workshop, via Sew Mama Sew
- Make a Jersey Tank Top: a tutorial from Spoonflower Blog
- Making Batik Fabric with Crayons: a tutorial from Suzy’s Artsy-Craftsy Sitcom
- I Am: Beat Your Bullies with Positivity (+ a printable too!): from Lu & Ed, via Oh My! Handmade
- Clutter Busting for artists, an interview with Brooks Palmer: from Mill Girl
- Abby Glassenberg Design 1st Quarter Income Report: from While She Naps
- Ten Important Things I’ve Learned About Blogging: from Confessions of a Pioneer Woman
Other cool stuff
- Head in a jar prank: a cool (if creepy) how-to from Mikeasaurus, via Instructables
- HOW TO MAKE NEVER ENDING DRYER SHEETS!!: an easy DIY from Jessica Hacker’s Living on a Coupon
- DIY ways to carry your phone at the gym: a couple of ideas from CNET
- Naturally Flavored Water: recipes from The Yummy Life
- Geek Crafts Are Not Just For Adults: adorableness from Geek Crafts
Today my youngest turns 11 years old. Time to run and hang some birthday banners for him before he gets home from school! Have a lovely weekend.