Do you remember when Black Friday used to just be called “the day after Thanksgiving?” I’m starting to think back fondly on those days…
I don’t know if I’m just getting older and crankier, or if this Christmas creep into November is actually worse this year. It sure feels like it. I’m a super huge fan of Christmas, don’t get me wrong, but I also have always loved Thanksgiving. I hate to see it get crowded out, you know?
Ah well. I’m doing my part by staying home in my PJs geeking out on one thing or another today. No shopping for me, unless it’s late at night after all of the crazy people have gone home. And even that is not likely, because then I’d have to get dressed.
(Actually, I was dragged out to Walmart last Saturday after 9pm by my teenager who insisted he needed cheap sweats right away for costumes he was making, and while we were there, we saw this family in pj pants and slippers. These people were out in public, shopping in their pajamas. So, is that now allowed? Because if it is, I’m going to start doing my food shopping at Midnight, just for kicks…)
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Jaffa cake.4, 2. “What a large volume of adventures may be grasped within the span of his little life by him who interests his heart in everything.”, 3. Making berry jam, 4. grasses and flare, 5. Diamond Haze – FOR SALE – A LA VENTA, 6. Crochet coasters, 7. African Flower Cushion, 8. Honey, 9. Color Play a Handwoven Raw Silk Scarf
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Autumn Wreath* a Ta-dah! from Attic24
- *camera lens cozy* a crochet project from Ice Pandora
- *Yarn Banner DIY* a tutorial from Creativebug Blog
- *Woven Plaid Scarf* a weaving tutorial from The Purl Bee
- *Upcycled Sweater Slippers* a project from We Can Re-Do It
Fabric + Scarf Inspiration
- *Patchwork Scarf* a show-and-tell from One Flew Over
- *kid’s patchwork scarves* a show-and-tell from Maze and Vale
- *Grey Mens Patchwork Neckwarmer* an item by Malam, via Etsy
- *Ruby Dress & Top Pattern is here!* a sewing pattern from by Made by Rae
Crafty Doctor Who!
- *Shrinky Dink Necklace* a Doctor Who show-and-tell from David Tennant In Places He Shouldn’t Be!
- *Peeking Doctor Bookmark* a Doctor Who paper craft by Weasinart
- *doctor who birthday party* a bunch of crafty ideas from The Pixel Mom
- *Bigger on the inside* a classy Doctor Who shawl knitting pattern by Kate Atherly, via Knitty
- *Custom Handmade Bleached TARDIS* a Doctor Who tee by TheLittlestDreams, via Etsy
Chalk Board Love
- *Chalkboard art gift label* free printable from The Idea Room
- *Distressed Chalkboard Crate* a how-to from DecoArt® Design Team, via A. C. Moore
- *chalkboard coasters* a tutorial from Crazy Wonderful
- *Chalkboard jewelry* tutorial from Poppies at Play
- *Chalkboard Mug* a tutorial from Wit & Whistle
Happy Last Friday in November! (cue the holiday tunes…)