November already! This past week has seen me kind of freaking out over November 1st writing deadlines that I thought were still some time away (but, clearly, were not). Ack. So I’ve been writing loads during my working hours.
And in the off hours? Yarn. You can check Ravelry to see, but essentially I have been starting a whole bunch of little projects, and finishing a couple, too.
In fact, you’ll notice from the links below that yarn has kind of been on my mind a lot this week.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. rainbow yarn stash, 2. My ‘Up, Up & Away!’ collection for @cloud9fabrics, waiting for me to cut up and make into cool things. I’ve got itchy fingers!, 3. Pumpkin fence in Woodstock, Vermont, 4. Honeycomb roller skate dress, 5. It feels good to be crafting again! (And adding new merch to the shop.), 6. Untitled, 7. jan suchodolski – naszyjnik, 8. Pendant, 9. Yarn & Needle
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *How to wash a wool sweater* a tutorial from Vixen Vintage, via Elegant Musings
- *Rondo* new sweater knitting pattern plus color choices from Julia Farwell-Clay
- *How to Select the Right Length Circular Needle* a tip from Webs Yarn Store Blog
- *Learn the Provisional Cast On in 6 Easy Steps!* a tutorial from Lion Brand Notebook
- *Yarn Pumpkins* a tutorial from Design Improvised
- *Mug Sweater* a crochet tutorial from Sew Chatty
- *squares bag* a free crochet pattern from a creative being
- *Riverstone Cardigan* a pattern from Mandy Moore, via Crochet Me
- *Organizing Embroidery Floss* an idea from Pinterest, via Mrs. Jones
- *How to sort your knitting swatches* a tutorial I can’t imagine needing from Tricksy Knitter
- *The red sheep of Scotland* shared by Amusing Planet
- *Crafting Team Spirit With Temperamental Colors* tips from Dyeing to Knit
- *Interested in test knitting?* an informational post from Tricksy Knitter
- *Unexpectedly Controversial* more on test knitting from Yarn Harlot
- *How to Find Your Niche* blogging tips from CrafterMinds
- *Social Media Branding for Indie Biz: Twitter + Pinterest* a tutorial from Matt + Darice, via Oh My! Handmade
- *The Welcome Page* blog thoughts from Lorelle on WordPress
- *Handmade in America: Crafting’s Comeback* by Bonnie Rochman in Parade Magazine
So, yeah. Kind of a one-track yarny mind around here this week. I’ll try to be a little more well-rounded next time 🙂