Did you happen to notice that Craftsy is doing Blogger Awards this month? Yeah, it’s pretty cool. I don’t know about you, but I always hear about internet awards too late to do anything about them. That’s one reason why I’m kind of jazzed about these. Not only do I know they’re happening, but there’s still time to send in nominations! Cool, right?
So, here’s the link. Go nominate your favorite craft blogs. I did!
BTW, I sure wouldn’t complain, if you wanted to nominate me 🙂 I sometimes think it’s hard to categorize what I do here, being multi-crafty and all, but for these purposes, I think the best category to choose would be “Knitting & Crochet.”
If you do nominate me, thank you! And if not, that’s ok – there are plenty of deserving crafty blogs out there. I hope you show them some love with a nomination! But hurry, because nominations end on Monday.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Nowadays they look even smaller, 2. studio details : a snapshot of my day, 3. Knitting up my birthday gift yarn! cc: @elingeling, 4. Yulliaa, 5. Cynthia Toops и Dan Adams, 6. Grey Heron and Feisty Frog, 7. Autumn ivy, 8. under the blossoms (4/4), 9. a word for the world
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Crochet Embroidery Hoop* a tutorial from Sew Chatty
- *Funky Lamp Yarnbomb* a ta-dah from Attic24
- *Counting Your Rows in Knitting* helpful tips from Heather Lodinsky, via Lion Brand Notebook
- *Simple Summer Tweed Top Down V-Neck* a free knitting pattern by Heidi Kirrmaier, via Ravelry
- *Patchwork Hot Pads + Oven Mitts (2 in 1!)* a tutorial from Leigh Laurel Studios, via Sew Mama Sew
- *How to make a tote bag* a sewing tutorial from Skip To My Lou
- *Get sewing! Our favourite projects* a tutorial roundup from Mollie Makes
- *Night Before Christmas* ornament kits from Posie Gets Cozy
- *Fabric Shoelaces* a show-and-tell with tips from House on Hill Road
- *Tool Minders* a polymer clay show-and-tell from teag on Craftster
- *DIY multi-blade ribbon/strip cutter* a tutorial from Key Art Studio Cake School
- *How to make clay rollers & stamps* a tutorial from Little Brick House Clayworks
- *Polymer tool holders* a quick how-to from Polymer Clay Daily
- *6 tricks for photographing goofy kids* shared by Alpha Smoot, via A Cup of Joe
- *Photographing People* tips from Apartment Therapy, via Super Photo Magic School
- *Inspiration Emergency Kit* a tool for happiness from CraftyPod
- *The Importance of Community and Peer Review When it is just Me, Myself + I* from Oh My! Handmade
- *7 Valuable Post Topics for Your Craft Blog* shared by While She Naps
Fall weather seems to be here to stay at this point. I plan to spend all weekend in a cozy handknit sweater. You?