Neil had his heart attack a year ago today. That’s not really an easy anniversary for any of us, least of all him. This morning, I’m treating him to a small bowl of angel food cake topped with blueberries + wineberries. “Happy Anniversary” doesn’t really seem appropriate to say, but “I’m glad you’re still here” works pretty well. And it’s true, to boot.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
Around the Web
I spend an hour or so every morning, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links on Sulia. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- How to Count Garter Stitch Rows, a tip from Webs Yarn Store Blog
- For the Birds, a recycling idea from Green Bee
- Colorful Yarn + Elephant Themed Baby Shower, cool use of yarn by Inspired by This Blog
- Sweater sachets, a tutorial from Wise Craft
- Crepe Sew-Along, a series of dressmaking tutorials on Gertie’s New Blog for Better Sewing
- The Sorbetto/Ginger Dress, a sewing mashup by Handmade Jane
- Quilting with Linen, tips and tricks from Fussy Cut via Craftsy
- A New Year, A New Hope: My Retro Star Wars Dress, a show-and-tell from Cation Designs
- Oilcloth Pool Tote with Mesh Pockets a tutorial from Sewbon via Sew Mama Sew
- Program Your Day to Defeat Distractions and Stick to Your Daily Routine, a techy tutorial from lifehacker
- 20 Proven Types of Blog Posts, craft business tips from Sew Mama Sew
- However it Lands, writing advice from Eating From the Ground Up
- New to Canning? Start Here: Equipment, a canning primer from Food in Jars
- Introducing BNTO! New Product From the Makers of Cuppow, a review from Food in Jars
Have a lovely weekend! I hope to spend mine visiting a few favorite shops (fabric + used books, yay!) and working on my latest crochet project (a vest, yay again!)