I’ve been thinking a lot about vintage-inspired dresses, red nail polish, and red lipstick lately. (I’ve been re-watching Marple on Netflix, and the fashion is surprisingly mesmerizing. I don’t remember noticing it like this the first time around.)
I bought some orange gingham to make myself another Go Anywhere Dress, and I also picked up the Colette Crepe pattern I’ve had my eye on. That one needs a lot of fabric, though, so it may be a while before I can splurge on that. I hope my interest in sewing doesn’t fade again before I’ve finished those two dresses!
I wear lipstick every day, although it’s really more of a lip balm: Burts Bees Lip Shimmers. I love this stuff, but the cherry is not quite RED enough. It’s fine for everyday use, but it lacks a “wow” factor. I may have to buy some real lipstick for those days I feel like playing dress-up…
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Crepe dress, 2. Colette patterns – Peony, 3. Colette Peony, 4. longarm quilting for melissa p, 5. Found this #marthasvineyard photo from June on my iPod. Wish I could beam there right now!, 6. quail eggs, 7. bangle2 (2), 8. New batik pendants for exhibition, 9. rumhängen…
Around the Web
I spend an hour or so every morning, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links on Sulia. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Stitch Maps, a new (more intuitive) kind of knitting chart
- CGOA Reno: I’m at WHAT convention? a Trekkie pattern upgrade from Doris Chan Crochet
- Yarn Ball Bookmark, a tutorial from Design Mom
- Blocking Basics, a tutorial from Tin Can Knits
- Polka Dot Lap Duvets!, tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Beaker Bag, a sewing project from Whimsical Frippery. (via Geek Crafts)
- Big Pinwheel Pillows, a tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Posh Inspired Keyhole Pillowcase top, a tutorial from Fabric.com
- New England Day Dress, a show-and-tell from JuliaBobbin
- RIT Dye Tutorial, from Rookie
- T-Shirt Quilt Completed! a tutorial from Cheap Chic Home
- Music video made with a Silhouette Cameo, artwork by The Sound of the Ladies. (via How About Orange)
- Tie Dye T-Shirts with Sharpie Markers! a tutorial from Theartgirljackie Tutorials
- DIY printed tote bag using the sun, a tutorial from How About Orange