Hey there, remember me? It’s been a week or something crazy like that. It’s not for lack of material that you haven’t seen me around here. It’s just that I’ve been too busy having a life to write about it. I know! Crazy, right?
So it’s Spring Break this week, and today the oldest has gone to work with Dad, and the youngest has declared it to be a pajama-clad Wii day, which is perfectly fine with me. We could use a bit of do-nothing, go-nowhere time right about now. I haven’t stayed in my pj’s today, but I have put on the dumpiest, most comfortable clothes I could find. And I don’t have much interest in the Wii, but I do have a strong desire to hang out here on the blog. I’ve got posts to post, small changes to make, and general TLC to give.
In the absence of compelling photos (I’ve got a week’s worth waiting patiently for me to process as soon as I am done here), let me just give you a bullet list of things you may or may not know about:
- I am a small handful of Twitter followers away from 900. I’ve offered to give all of my followers a coupon for 50% off anything in the download shop, once I reach 900. If this interests you, and you’re not yet following me on Twitter, please do!
- I’ve taken the advertising data I’ve collected here over the last few years, and used it to make some decisions about what ads stay and what ads go. If I’m going to give away my sidebar space, it needs to be relevant, tasteful, and have some degree of success for both the advertiser and for me. This opens up some new space that I really really want to fill with YOUR small businesses. If you haven’t checked out my advertising page before, please do. You can get some very affordable exposure this way, and I would much rather promote your beads/blog/handspun yarn/podcast than some multi-million dollar company’s widget!
- I’ve been slowly adding EPUB and MOBI versions to the PDFs in the download shop. This means, you can order tutorials for your Nook, iPad, Sony eReader, or Kindle, right here. I’m aiming to eventually have all three versions available for all tutorials and patterns. If you run into any issues trying to download one of the items that has multiple versions, please let me know!
- I know I said I got rid of most of my affiliate programs, but this is a limited-time one through Blogher, and I thought it was cool: if you sign up for AppSmitten, I get a dollar. I actually signed up for it a few weeks before the program started, so that I could try it out and make sure it was something I wanted to bother telling you about. I’m still subscribed, so I guess that says something. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or Android device, you can sign up for the free AppSmitten mailing list. Every day they send you a small write-up of an app they like, and you can install it right from there, if it appeals to you. I’ve found a few fun suggestions this way. Check it out.
- I feel like I have another bullet, but I can’t remember what it is. In true Lisa Clarke fashion, it is sure to hit me as soon as I click “Publish.”
Thanks for reading and hanging out here. I’ll be back tomorrow with something a little more visual!