Becky from Whosies commented on a recent post and let me know about her Nightstand Play Along. I snapped a picture of mine this morning. To be honest, the nightstand is probably the neatest spot in my bedroom (notice how I rarely photograph any other section of the room? Life as seen through the lens is just so much more tidy…). I cleaned the nightstand up not too long ago, and so there are very few things that don’t belong:
- the Luna bar and coffee I am having for breakfast
- a hair clip that I removed from my hair before bed two nights ago
- a clay-covered barrette that I removed from my hair before bed last night
- a scrap of cardboard that I used last week to deflect my camera flash when I took a picture of something in low light
- a post-it note with a list of things to do, most of which were done last week sometime.
- half a bag of mint M&Ms from Christmas (what? we stock up in November. doesn’t everybody?)
- the protective case for my Palm
- the phone cord, which should be hidden around the back of the night stand
Looks like a long list, but really, it’s not that bad. What to play along? Check out Becky’s blog.
Now, do you remember back in January when I mentioned that it would be fun to do a flickr project about hands? Well, I know it’s been several months, but I’m ready to start. I’ll post more about this next week, but essentially, I’d like to spend the month of July photographing my hands – one photo every day – going about their business. That means there will be hands holding coffee cups, smooshing clay, and folding laundry, among other things. I’ll create a flickr group so that you may join along with me if you like. More details to come!
Now my hands and I need to go smoosh some clay and then type up some words about smooshing clay, for a little secret project that we really shouldn’t have waited this long to begin. That’s what we do, my hands and I. We procrastinate. Happy Thursday!