I made the Weekend Sewing shirt today, using a thrifted sheet. And I am fairly sure I chose poorly, when it came to size. It came out entirely too wide, and the sleeves were too long. Strangely, though, I thought the shirt itself could have used another few inches of length.
I was really not happy with the fit.
Not having anything to lose, I did what I do with nearly every shirt I make: I messed around with it and tried to force it into the shape I wanted 😀
I shortened the sleeves, added a few inches to the bottom, and took a few inches off the sides. I’m much happier with the fit now.
What I’m not happy with is the state of that bathroom mirror. Holy cow.
Ok, this mirror is better. And it’s full of entertaining characters to boot. Just a typical Sunday night around here…
Anyway, I intend to make this again, maybe in a dark solid color, and I plan to fiddle with the paper pieces of my pattern before cutting into the fabric so that hopefully I don’t have to do any post-construction surgery on it like I did with this one 😀