Today I am thankful for the warm and cozy things of fall. Fires in the fireplace and family recipes. In particular, my mother’s cranberry bread, which I would have made today if I’d remembered to buy orange juice when I was at the supermarket this morning
1 1/2 teaspoons
Shortening — softened
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- “MIX” in blender egg, shortening, orange juice, orange rind and sugar.
- Add cranberries and nuts, for 2 cycles at “CHOP.”
- Empty into flour mixture. Mix by hand until moistened.
- Bake in a greased 9×5 pan at 350F for 50 to 60 minutes.
Recipe By :Irene Rodriguez
Weight Watchers Points: 5 with nuts, 4 without
- I usually make it without the nuts, since Neil is not a fan.
- Mini loaves of this are nice Thanksgiving and Christmas gifts for neighbors and friends.