Well, it was a tough job, but I narrowed down 114 photos full of crafty aqua goodness, and chose nine of my favorites.
Allow me to introduce you to the finalists, before I reveal the winner:
- Polymer clay “Pendants” by Kim Cavender
- Polymer clay-covered glass vessels, “closer look” by Orly Rabinowitz
- Fabric bag and matching wallet, “Custom Order-Fresh Diamonds” by Maia Low
- “Esther” bunny of hand-dyed mohair by Lisa Thoms
- “Cupcakes go to hawaii” by Zalita
- Polymer clay “Faux Ceramic Pendant” by Christie Wright
- Rubber stamped “Aqua Birthday Card” by Penny Richards
- Embellished Crocs, “29.07.07” by Roscom
- “Aqua Doll Quilt detail” by Laurie G.
I encourage you to take a closer look at these photos and at the rest of the ones in the pool! Leave your comments on the photos over at flickr and let the artists know what you think – it’s always gratifying to hear that something you made has gotten a positive reaction from another creative type.
If you are one of these finalists and would like to elaborate here on what was involved in creating your entry, be my guest – the comments section is yours
And now, I turn to the trusty random number generator (aka Neil, Aidan, Eamonn and a bunch of coins) to select a winner:
And the winner is… #2!
Congratulations, Orly Rabinowitz! Your plates and bowls are absolutely stunning! I will be emailing you shortly with information about your $25 gift certificate.
Everyone else, stay tuned – I’ll be announcing the color for September within the next few days. Thanks for your participation!