Because it’s reversible, this bunting can hang in a doorway and be seen from both sides. Or, you can design one side to be alive with pattern, and the other side to be more subdued, then hang it in whichever direction suits the mood of your current celebration!
Print out paper letters to spell a message, and affix them temporarily with masking tape: your banner can go from “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” to “CONGRATS GRAD” to “WELCOME HOME” with very little effort!
The project is great for beginners! If you can sew a straight line, then you can do this!
P.S. Even if you can’t sew, you could probably make a “cheater” version with masking tape or staples where the stitches should be, and nobody would be any the wiser…
More than just a simple sewing pattern, this ebook is like a mini-class. Each topic includes step-by-step instructions and photos where appropriate.
You will learn:
- How to make a template
- How to cut, assemble, and sew a banner of any length
- How to choose appropriate fabrics
- How to vary the look with simple changes
- Resources to help you learn more
Tools and Materials
- light-to-medium weight fabric in a variety of patterns
- bias tape
- small piece of cardboard
- basic cutting, marking, and measuring tools
- sewing machine
- thread to coordinate with fabric