The trust of my readership is very important to me, and so I want you to understand my views on advertising, affiliate programs, and paid reviews.
The nutshell version:
There are links, ads, and reviews on this site that can earn me commissions, but they don’t drive what I do or say here, and as much as is possible they reflect my own interests and values.
The wordy version:
In the spirit of full disclosure, I want to be clear about these things:
- I belong to several affiliate programs, and sometimes the links you see within my blog posts are affiliate links. When you click on them, I have the potential of making a small commission.
- Some of the advertising in the right sidebar or at the end of the page comes from affiliate links. I use these programs as defaults when I have open ad spaces that haven’t sold.
- I do, on occasion, accept compensation for writing reviews. Generally, this takes the form of a publisher sending me a free book in exchange for blogging my honest opinion of the book.
That being said…
- I choose my affiliate partners carefully, either by reputation, or from my own experience with them.
- I am frequently re-evaluating the ads that appear here to make sure that they send the right message and advertise products that I can get behind. Sometimes the ad networks I belong to serve up something I’m not too keen on, but generally they do a very good job of being appropriate. And when they don’t, I tweak my settings, or I get rid of the network altogether.
- If you do buy something through an ad or affiliate link, your identity is not shared with me – your shopping habits remain anonymous and private.
- If I have received any compensation for blogging a product, I will disclose that fact within the post, and I will always give my honest, unbiased opinion.
It’s my goal to keep any money-making opportunities appropriate, tasteful, aesthetically pleasing, and absolutely secondary to the point of this blog (which is to post about the things I love, and have fun doing it).
Thanks for your support!