So, I seem to have collected a couple of links recently, and that calls for a Weekend Favorites post in my book
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week on Flickr and Instagram. Click on the titles below the mosaic to get a better look at the images and see more from the photographers who made them.
- Morning tea at #BBRFestival with Chef Up (next … by 84thand3rd via Instagram
- Although the knitting mojo is kinda lost this s… by tiristim via Instagram
- Sometimes a pale sea foam linen duvet is just t… by nestprettythings via Instagram
- At the Munchen airport heading back to Amsterda… by mthoodmama via Instagram
- Summer by gailo_oliag via Instagram
- Ontario summers taste as good as they look #por… by resurrectionfern via Instagram
- Hope everyone’s having a great night! Cheers to… by soupatraveler via Instagram
- I didn’t grow any summer squash this year. I mi… by heatherbruggeman via Instagram
- #somewhereovertherainbow #lovewins #loveisthean… by annaetlespetiteschoses via Instagram
- Mon remède anti-chaleur, des glaces à l’eau mai… by annaetlespetiteschoses via Instagram
- Cotton washcloths – now available in the shop! … by lostandlovely via Instagram
- #itssimplytuesday and I’m grateful for blue ski… by naturegirl113 via Instagram
- Yay!! 🎉🌈🎉 #lovewins by willashalit via Instagram
- #skeeball #skillshot by pricklypete via Instagram
- wild wineberries from our backyard for breakfast by littleeyecatchers via Instagram
- Ripe wineberries picked for homemade delicious … by mianajun via Instagram
- Private Reserve 2015 – Wild Wineberry Jelly. Te… by sandra.kehoe.5 via Instagram
- Blueberries #thestudioonline #bestill52 #shutte… by aphoto3 via Instagram
- Cribbage challenge #camping2015 by lifelong_knitter via Instagram
- #Edgartown #harbor #MarthasVineyard #MV #sailbo… by smithdrygoods via Instagram
- morning yoga with @yourlotuspath happy monday, … by camerashymomma via Instagram
- Purple Coneflower by MossyOwls via Flickr
- Yarn by Coco Rose1 via Flickr
- Я вот сижу и думаю – как бы мне выразить то, чт… by natusiaturygina via Instagram
- This week I’m so excited to be releasing five n… by mamamalas via Instagram
Here are a few interesting things from around the web that grabbed me this week:
- Free sewing tutorial and pattern toddler dress with peter pan collar – from small dreamfactory. Isn’t this adorable? I found it while looking for something a bit easier than this (I don’t want to mess with zippers and linings) but I had to share because it was so cute!
- how to make an a-line dress – a sewing tutorial from Cool People Sew. This one has me rethinking my stance on linings. It looks pretty simple, and hey! reversible!
- Bulky Indigo-dyed Mittens for July – a knitting pattern from Cozy Things. Here’s a quick and thrifty knit, completed in an afternoon from reclaimed and redyed yarn. The pattern is pretty simple, and if you can bring yourself to think wintery thoughts on a summer day, have at it!
- How to improvise a top-down sweater – an awesome knitting series from Fringe Association. I just spent all morning reading through these posts. I would call them essential reading for anyone who wants to knit a sweater designed to fit their own unique curves.
- Upcycled Jeans Quilt – a repurposing project from Andrea’s Notebook. This is really cool! I was thinking, if you don’t have jeans in a lot of different colors, and you like your quilt dark, you could throw some of the jeans into dye baths and end up with some deep jewel tones.
Have a lovely Summer Friday!