My family is room is a comfortable spot where we all gather and spend our evenings. The carpet is beige, the couch is beige, all of the throw pillows were some mismatched relative of beige. Aside from the light yellow-green walls, the entire room was essentially one big neutral. I set out to fix that recently with some accessories: a new colorful ceramic lamp, a few crocheted table toppers, and new covers for all of those uninspiring pillows.
If you would like to breathe new life into one of your spaces, or even if you’d just like to cover one little pillow, this project will show you how. These simple covers are removable and washable, and don’t require the use of zippers or buttons.
If you can sew a straight line with a sewing machine, then you can do this project.
Tools and Materials
- light-to-medium weight fabric in a variety of patterns
- basic fabric-measuring-and-cutting supplies
- sewing machine
- thread to coordinate with fabric
- old throw pillows, or new pillow forms
Through this ebook you will learn:
- How to choose effective colors and fabrics
- How to estimate the proper amount of yardage
- How to sew a removable pillowcase without zippers or buttons
- How to vary the look with simple changes
Mix and Match Pillows is available through a fully-illustrated 6-page PDF.
The instructions for this project are available for free through a series of posts on my blog. What you get for your $1.99 here, is a handy ebook version that you can take with you on your favorite mobile device. And you get my sincere thanks for your support!
Your Shopping CartThe cart is currently empty.
Visit The Shop