I seem to have found a lot of Valentine’s Day crafts and foods this week, despite the fact that I’m not a big V-Day girl myself. Sure, I usually give a small token to my kids and my husband, or I make heart-shaped pancakes or something, but that’s about the extent of it.
Still, there’s some really cute crafty stuff out there, and it caught my eye so… maybe those of you who like to really do it up for your Valentines will enjoy it!
As for the photos… I’ve recently dyed my hair a color that was supposed to look natural, but I’m not entirely sure I’ve hit the mark. There’s been talk around my house that I should just dye it an outlandish color and have some fun with it, and I thought I had chickened out on that idea, but do you see that rainbow braid below? I just love it! It makes me think that maybe a craaaazy color could be fun after all. I wouldn’t do a whole rainbow, but a shocking red? Maybe so. Decisions, decisions…
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer!
1. Beary Good Friends, 2. Day 160 of 365 – Year 2, 3. FUN – Mixed Media Collage – ArtyZen Studios, 4. Flower Vase Brooches, 5. Seriously smitten with my sailboat @secondsister taught me to make…thank you for bringing the fun & supplies April!!!, 6. Scale of my peach crocheted stone., 7. pillow, all we need is love, 8. With a camera in my hands, I am, 9. El tiempo está en mis manos/ Time is in my hands, 10. Heart. That is all., 11. Distraction, 12. Remington, 13. bo, 14. teapots, 15. 02.01.14…..A is for APPLE, 16. Callcenter Coffee
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Crochet Heart Coffee Cozy!: a free pattern from Skip to my Lou, via Tatertots and Jello
- Crafting Your Way Through Cabin Fever: by Kathryn Vercillo, via Lion Brand Notebook
- Granny Heart Triangle Bunting: a free crochet pattern from Loopsan
- Stitch Block Cowl: a unique knitting pattern and tutorial from The Purl Bee
- Valentine Throw Pillow Tutorial: a really cute idea from Diary of a Quilter
- Embroidered Heart Pillow Tutorial and Pattern: from Remodelaholic
- How to make a fabric heart brooch: a tutorial from Very Berry Handmade, via Mollie Makes
- Placing a Value on Your Quilts: an eye-opening breakdown from Molli Sparkles, via Sew Mama Sew
- dishy: a quilty kitcheny show-and-tell from artsy-crafty babe
- Top 10 Deconstructed Dinners: great family recipes from Dinner: A Love Story
- Tiny Celebrations: chocolate muffins from A Sweet Spoonful
- Close Up on the New Green Heritage Jars: from Food in Jars
- How to freeze a big batch of homemade waffles: a recipe and how-to from Simple Bites
- Mini Heart Pies: a simple and sweet Valentine’s Day treat from Tinkerlab
- Homemade Conversation Hearts: a recipe and tutorial from My Crazy Blessed Life!
- Make this now. Peanut butter popcorn: a recipe from MommyCoddle
Other cool stuff
- felt heart Valentine trees: from Lollijane
- ice ice baby: an ice lantern show-and-tell from a Friend to knit with
- Free, printable Valentine’s Day cards: a roundup from How About Orange
Have a lovely weekend! Make something pretty 🙂