Since this is the last Weekend Favorites post before Christmas, I’ve gone a little crazy with the holidays links again. Ornaments, decorations, and music, oh my!
My apologies to those of you who don’t celebrate Christmas. I realize all of this stuff must kind of get on your nerves after a while… Next week the links will be business as usual (although possibly a little late – I’m hosting my family’s Christmas party next Thursday, which will probably leave very little time for writing up a post in advance like I usually do.)
Just bear with me for another week or so. I’ve still got a bit more merry posting in me before I hang up my jingle bells for the year!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Christmas baubles, 2. one h ᵉ α r t… one w ᴼ r ℓ ∂, 3. Necklace MLA 13 by Mary + LouAnn at Smith Galleries, 4. I forget how much I love them every year. (Also, love the hard chipboard boxes from container store for oversized ornaments), 5. Christmas tree, Rikkyo Univ., Ikebukuro Tokyo #christmas #rikkyo, 6. Bristol Colours, 7. tree tops glisten, 8. Christmas tree on the bus, 9. …
Around the Web
I spend some time each day, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Kid-Friendly Ornaments with Mod Podge: a tutorial from Wait Til Your Father Gets Home
- How to Make a Choose-Your-Own-Design-Adventure Ornament (with Plastic Canvas!): from CraftyPod
- Hand Stamped Christmas Ornament: a tutorial from Crazy Little Projects
- Crochet Star Making: a tutorial from little woollie
- DIY Photo Block Ornaments with Mod Podge and Plaid Crafts: a tutorial from It Happens in a Blink
- How to Make a Hexie Holiday Ornament (with a little English Paper Piecing): from CraftyPod
- DIY Paint Splatter Christmas Ornaments: a fun project from Love From Ginger
- Photo Transfer Gift Tags + Ornaments: an easy polymer clay project from Daily Epiphanie
- Warm Fuzzies: a wool Christmas tree tutorial from poppy haus
- DIY Giant Ornament Balloons: an amazingly cool tutorial from Studio DIY®
- DIY Paper Cocktail Napkin Poinsettia: a gift-topper tutorial from Lia Griffith
- Upcycled Christmas Wreath: a clever tutorial from northstory
- Knitting Stars: examples and patterns from Norah Gaughan, via berroco design studio
- 5 Steps on How to Photograph Christmas Lights: tips from Click it Up a Notch
- How to Crochet Christmas Light Decorations: a cute how-to from A Creative Being, via Tuts+ Tutorials
- Christmas music generator: a fun diversion from Moo, via How About Orange
- A vintage Christmas playlist: a Spotify playlist from Mollie Makes
- Holiday Mixer 2013: an 8tracks playlist from My Paper Crane
- The 2013 Paste Holiday Sampler: free downloadable mp3s from Paste Magazine, via Noisetrade
- Target Christmas Album: a free mp3 download from Target, via Speakers in Code
I should warn you, that Christmas music generator up there is highly addicting… Have a merry week!