Oh, I am so in love with the photos in this mosaic this week! I do wish that the tool I use to create the mosaics would allow me to move the blocks around a bit, though. The colors in the top two rows are much richer than those in the bottom two rows. A little randomization would make the whole thing more cohesive. Ah, well, that’s not really all that important in the grand scheme of things.
There’s so much beauty in the everyday, don’t you think? These photos prove it.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. happy little Village, 2. Spice bottle as tiny vase, 3. Scratched Beads Necklace, 4. Autumn on my desk, 5. Autumn Nebula, 6. Necesidad [251•365], 7. Colourful life, 8. instagram weekend, 9. #crochet, 10. girls room set, 11. Taking things gently, 12. Do you want a candy?, 13. Untitled, 14. Triangle quilt all done and ready to be shipped–it’s a surprise gift! Shhhh!, 15. Super quick tidy up in the #livingroom #lounge #interiors, 16. summer cushion in progress
Around the Web
I spend some time each afternoon, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links through social media. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- *Summer Sweater Knit Along Update* shared by Tin Can Knits
- *Another Week, Another Blanket* a crochet show-and-tell from Dover & Madden
- *Modern + Traditional: Adding Color with Crocheted Granny Squares* shared by Apartment Therapy
- *jesters* a knitting pattern from the handknit librarian
- *How to improvise a top-down sweater* a series of tutorials from Fringe Association
- *Three things* shared by house on hill road
- *Tyson’s Quilt* a show-and-tell from Stitches and Scissors
- *liberty pillow challenge* a sewing show-and-tell from artsy-crafty babe
- *Sunny Edwards Memorial Quilt (1918-2011)* shared by daintytime ~ Sherri Lynn Wood
- *colour stories : Rachel Hauser* shared by emma lamb
- *Poly Pipe Cane* a polymer clay tutorial from Inishkea
- *Laundromat Inspired Cane* a polymer clay tutorial from Dora’s Explorations
- *Polymer clay houndstooth cane* tutorial from Creator’s Joy
- *Burberry Cane* a polymer clay photo tutorial by Saskia Veltenaar
- *why an artist or maker should blog (even when they think they don’t need to)* shared by wise craft
- *Hey! It’s okay if your blog doesn’t make money!* shared by FreshStitches
- *Secrets to Becoming a Big Blogger* shared by Mod Podge Rocks, via CrafterMinds
- *Etsy Shop Photography: Advice for new shop owners* shared by Pig and Fish, via Oh My! Handmade
- *Best craft blogs: which one’s your favourite?* a list via Mollie Makes
Have a happy Friday! And keep an eye out this weekend for a post from me about the Custom Handmade Shop… it’s opening soon!!