Did you know this is our 20th week doing the Weekend Favorites thing together? I’ll be honest – I wasn’t sure I could stick with this, but if I could manage it the last two weeks, which have been totally weird for me, schedule-wise, then I think this series is a keeper. Assuming I can remember what day it is all summer…
Have you seen the new Flickr look? I like it. And somehow, even though I did not spend that much extra time there this week, my favorites mosaic is rather large! I guess there was just a lot of inspiring stuff to be seen.
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. …They’re purse handles., 2. Bohemian Flowers, Flower Collage, Mixed Media Flower Painting by Sascalia, 3. Pyrex Wall, 4. Wonder wheel, 5. today’s colours, 6. mothers day picnic, 7. Building friendship on a flower, 8. Nellie, 9. Landscapes, 10. WIP, 11. Rainbow Bands quilted, 12. boy bunny with a piebald patch, 13. CMYK cushion front, 14. spin me, 15. ferris wheel, 16. The Tivoli Cushion, 17. Ahhh. I’m so in love. Can’t wait to list these in etsy tomorrow. #handmade #kindle, 18. DSC_5087.jpg, 19. I’m going to call this photo “Malodorous Cargo.”, 20. Copperfield, 21. Spools, 22. New Look 6674, 23. Vodka Lemonade, 24. Day 26, 25. Chicopee Hexagon Quilt Top
Around the Web
I spend an hour or so every morning, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links on Sulia (although this week I crammed them all in Wednesday and Thursday nights). And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- File under: Things I Won’t Be Wearing To The Beach. Ever.
- Crochet your own pattern weights using pocket change. From The Zen of Making
- Salt and Pepper Cowl knitting pattern from The Purl Bee
- WEBS recommends, knit your sleeves using the two-at-a-time method you usually use for socks.
- Very cool, inexpensive, no-sew beach bag from A Little Glass Box
- Got two tees? Turn them into a nifty beach cover up. From WobiSobi
Feathering Your Nest
- Simple beachy decor from Charmingly Shabby Designs
- Beach photo jar from Fiskars Craft
- DIY weathered beach signs from Crafts by Amanda
- How cool is this? DIY Concrete Pendant Lamps from Ben Uyeda via Brit+Co.
- How to display artwork on the cheap with maximum impact, a tutorial from Wee Design Group
- Make a travel candle to bring to the beach, from Kate Pruitt via Design*Sponge
- Whoa. A functional LEGO® Stargate! by Kelly McKiernan
- Funky shoe round-up: 20 ways to Mod-Podge your kicks via Mod Podge Rocks.
- So, you want to survey your blog readers. First check out this advice from CraftyPod.
- It’s a Stargate kind of night, I guess. Here’s a tutorial for making your own SG glyph foam stamp from Geek Crafts
I hope you’ll be enjoying a nice three-day weekend along with me. I love Memorial Day weekend so much. Have a good one! XOXO