Hello, my favorite crafty people in the whole world! How are you on this lovely morning? It’s Friday, and I’ve got vintage fabrics, strawberry desserts and family gatherings on my mind for this weekend. Those are nice thoughts to have occupying your brain, I think.
Here are some photos and links for you…
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
1. Manta colorín 4 esquinas, 2. Blue sky clock, 3. Untitled, 4. Planted and ready to share!, 5. May Day, 6. Gargantilla turquesa-rojo, 7. Kananook Creek, 8. faux ceramic :”cosmic ceramic” tutorial, 9. pink binding!
Around the Web
I spend an hour or so every morning, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links on Sulia. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
Yarn and Fabric
- Dirty Water Dyeworks will donate all proceeds from their new Boston Strong yarn
- Something you don’t see every day: a plastic canvas blog hop, hosted by CraftyPod
- Learn how to make your own t-shirt yarn from Craft passion
- knot•sew•cute design shop talks about yarn bowls and shares one alternative idea
- The Everyday Tote from The Purl Bee
- Maria Petkova’s Lazy Contour technique in polymer clay is fascinating. via Polymer Clay Daily
- Faux batik in polymer clay from Pavla Cepelikova
- You can make polymer clay look like ceramic clay, from Iris Mishly and Hilla Bushari
- Image transfer tiles from The Pickled Herring
- Can you imagine walking down the aisle in a dress made of bread tags? Stephanie Watson did. via GeekCrafts.
- Been meaning to share this cabinet re-do from Attic24.
- A Boy And His Atom: The World’s Smallest Movie from IBM
- At Angry Chicken, they made a t-shirt for Dad with the kids’ drawings.
- This moment of quietude is sponsored by Beauty That Moves
- Don’t let your lunch packaging go to waste, from The Meta Picture
- If you sell your crafts, do you need a business plan? Handmadeology says yes.
- How Much Do Your Blog, Facebook, and Twitter Numbers Really Matter? from CraftyPod
That’s it for me. I hope you have a great weekend, especially all of you moms out there!