As I write, it’s Thursday afternoon and Aidan has been home helping me work. One of the jobs I gave him was that of seeking out Sulia links for the day. He found some neat stuff, so if you’re interested in the intersection of craftiness and geekitude, you’ll want to check those out below.
Aidan has been a big help until now, sanding hooks, unloading the dishwasher, stuff like that. Now we are reaching that end-of-the-day punchy phase, and the boy will. not. stop. talking. I will have to keep this brief, as I really cannot concentrate one iota.
All in all, it’s been nice to have company today, and it’s been a productive day to boot. I will have a lot of little goodies shipping out tomorrow – yay!
The mosaic below represents other people’s pictures that spoke to me this week. Be sure to click on the titles below the mosaic, if you want to know more about the image or the photographer behind it.
I spend an hour or so every morning, Monday through Thursday, sharing my favorite crafty links on Sulia. And then I repeat them here on Fridays.
- Make your own miniature They Might be Giants! Finger puppets from @geekcrafts
- Recycled sweater vases from By Stephanie Lynn
- Beautiful Spring scarf (and yes, more neon) from The Purl Bee
- Step-by-step how to make an owl millefiori cane from polymer clay from Danielle Hof.
- Easy peasy neon necklace in polymer clay from The Style Dossier
- The Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who) gets the pixel quilt treatment by St. Louis Folk Victorian and it is amazing!
- Make a pretty tablecloth out of coordinating tea towels from Beach Vintage
- Make a cozy blanket from repurposed receiving blankets from Simple Homemade
- Not just for preschoolers: DIY lava lamp science experiment from Hands on as we Grow
- Make a rustic twig vase from a tin can and sticks from Delightful Home via Simple Homemade
- Spring wreath from Happy-Go-Lucky
- Is your social media on autopilot? BlogHer suggests switching back to manual during times of national crisis.
- Money and guilt: the first post in a new series for creative business owners by Kim Werker
- The conversation continues over at CraftyPod. The topic this time: making emotional connections w/your readers.
- Minecraft Enderman softie by Bleeptrack
- Angry Birds motorcycle helmet by Clever Girl
- Crafty link from Boring Office Guy #3: Legend of Zelda baby Link outfit from Happy Seamstress
- Legend of Zelda “Lil Geek” crib quilt by Geek Unique
- Official music video for the zon Katachi” featuring amazing paper craft
That will do it for me this week. Now I think it’s time to show Aidan one of the perks of working from home (one in which I rarely indulge, but really should experience more often): the afternoon nap. Zzzzzzzzz.