So, I went and pulled a muscle in my neck. There’s one day of claying out the window. Still hoping to have it all set up by Sunday, though, even if it means using some patterns I already made some time ago.
I’m enjoying the use of Neil’s rice pillow. The extreme heat on my neck burns so much I am totally forgetting about the muscle ache! Haha! I kid. Sort of. It’s not actually burning me, but it is plenty hot, and I do feel better.
Lucky for me, sitting here with a rice pillow draped around my aching neck doesn’t preclude me from blogging. Yay!
1. Popcorn Love On Madras Plaid, 2. Simplicity 3835, 3. Liberty lawn with Simplicity 3835 – love it!, 4. Barwon bridges, 5. Bzzzzzzz…. #ssevolve #shutttersisters #thecameramen, 6. Edna, penny garland…, 7. Day 64, 8. A scene from my latest Vine video, titled “Lemon loves pineapple”. Find me on Vine: Nikki Mans., 9. Untitled, 10. Happy Colours Blanket, 11. Boles per nadal, 12. P1020944
Around the Web
- Holy cow! This entire police car is made of yarn. Yeah, you heard me. Yarn.
- A cool idea from Planet June: brush your amigurumi to simulate fur.
- I’m not sure how I feel about making all. those. bobbles. but this Purl Bee Bobble Sheep Pillow is pretty cool.
- Check out this super bulky crocheted cat bed by The Zen of Making, for your favorite furry friend
- Get in on the Fresh Stitches giant giveaway! There are 10 chances to win.
- I am enjoying Sew I See!’s posts on her “samplerghan” project.
- I would have flipped over this cross stitch back when I was a Tetris addict. via Geek Craft.
- For those who couldn’t be at Quiltcon, @becraftsy shares a free lecture series from the event.
- You may not want to sleep under a larger-than-life Sheldon Cooper, but you can’t deny how impressive this quilt is!
- I can get behind these: mismatched cloth napkins from A Beautiful Mess
- This kids’ color-trimmed hoodie by Made by Rae looks less complicated than you might expect.
- Upcycle a kids’ favorite too-small tee into a t-shirt buddy a la Made
- Celebration garland: an easy sewing project for kids or newbies by Made by Rae
- I think projects like these towels from The Purl Bee are my key to using Liberty fabrics.
Paper, Paint, Polymer and Pixels
- Nintendo cubecraft: Mario Paper Craft by Laboratory 424. via GeekCraft.
- Right up my alley: spice jars with chalkboard labels! from Lazy Saturdays
- I can’t even think of the right words to describe this impressive polymer-clay-covered deer head by Arlene Groch via the Philadelphia Area Polymer Clay Guild
- For bloggers, content is key. Sister Diane puts content strategy in context for craft bloggers.
So tell me what you have planned for this weekend. Anything fun?