I logged on to my Flickr account yesterday to get ready to generate this week’s mosaic, when I discovered I hadn’t favorited a single photo. Well, in the past I might have shrugged and said, “no big deal.” But this is the new Lisa. This is the Lisa that has committed to sharing links and photos in this space every Friday, and so there will be no shrugging, and there will be no skipping it!
Skipping one week opens the door for skipping two, and then three, and then before you know it, I am not posting anything on Fridays at all. Ever. What a tragedy that would be.
I exaggerate the importance of these little Friday link roundups, of course, but I do think it’s been good for me to have this routine. Lately it seems like several members of the Old Guard of creative/slice-of-life bloggers are dropping like flies, or at the very least, going months between posts. And then here I am. I’ve been blogging since 2005, and I’ve hit the occasional slump myself, but these days? Oh! these days I feel very much on top of this blogging thing. I’ve got more things to talk about than I know what to do with. It’s a good problem to have, and I’d say that I feel lucky, but I’ve decided luck has nothing to do with it.
So I searched out some nice pictures for you, because I really don’t want this momentum broken.
And because I like you
Around the web
- Got a fat quarter? Armommy shows you how to make a dozen sweet little handwarmers! via Spoonflower
- Oh, I just love this quilt inspired by polaroid pictures!
- I like the crafty way Beauty That Moves dealt with her feelings of Too Much Mindless Smartphoning.
- Did this little piggy go to market? Or did he stay home? No matter. He’s from Elf Pop and he’s adorable!
- Oh my. Adorable alert: hedgehog knitting pattern at The Purl Bee
- Heart-shaped pom-poms anyone? via Zakka Life
- This video appeals to me on so many levels: Felicia Day and Colin Ferguson learn to crochet
- Psst! wanna knit a hat? WhipUp shares 20 lovely links.
- Lemons to Lemonade: the Planet June story of an ill-fated sweater that became a lovely hat.
- These sock monkey mittens from Poems About Me are a bit of a splurge, but such fun!
- The African Flower crochet hexagon pattern is so pretty. Here’s a tutorial from CraftPassion
- Making round beads in polymer clay: another lesson in the basics by Too Aquarius
- Wow! Check out how iKandiClay makes her polymer clay millefiori kaleidoscopic canes. Beautiful!
- Three Spring issues of The Book of Days by Blue Yonder Ranch are now free downloads.
- Got a minute, some flour, and a few squirts of dish soap? Use it to make play dough!
- Ok, Doctor Who fans, you’ll need some card stock, printer ink, and glue. These Cubees are too fun!
- These pendants from CraftSanity couldn’t be simpler to whip up.
- I have to admit the lye in soapmaking scares me. Blue Yonder Ranch tried it and lived to tell the tale.
Now you go have a nice weekend. I will see you back here on Monday to talk about our crochet-along. And, if I can get the cooperation of a certain Flufy I know, maybe we’ll drop in here this weekend to show you a cool mathematical game he came up with. We’ve played it together twice, and it was fun. (If you’ve ever been recruited to play a kid-invented board game before, you know that’s high praise, indeed!)