As I write, I am waiting for the snow to begin piling up outside. We may be getting socked with something big. Or, we may not be. This is one of those things the meteorologists are not eager to commit to predicting. Either way, I am envisioning a Friday night in front of the fire, with my family, a warm drink and a pile of yarn. Bliss.
While I’m at it, I’d like to crawl under some of those blankets in my Flickr favorites this week. And how about the jewelry at the bottom – I’d love to know how they got those effects. So pretty!
Want to know more about the individual photos? Click here for links to them all.
I found some nice links around the web this week, too. Have a peek.
- Valentines your kids can make for their classes: friendship bracelets! via Dandee
- Needle and thread your thing? How about some fabric Valentines? via Simple Homemade
- Little Love Notes! Free Valentine printables from Blue Yonder Ranch
- For your little Valentines, a cute take on the rice pillow idea: a critter pillow via Spoonflower
- I like these free circle printables from I’m With Cupcake – use them on the bottoms of your Valentine’s Day Hershey Kisses.
Knit and Crochet
- I didn’t realize baby squids were so darn cute. Check out Planet June’s baby cephalopods.
- Classic Mittens from The Purl Bee
- A new finished granny square blanket to show off, from Attic24
- Here’s a cool tip from WEBS: how to knit plaid the clever and simple way
- Take heart, new knitters! Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right. via Beauty That Moves
- How to make invisible decreases in crochet even more invisible via Planet June
- This is too funny: amigurumi Chia Pet! from Anglovesgnomes via Fresh Stitches
- Making a pattern sheet in polymer clay, from Too Aquarius
- More Clayathon fun via Martha Aleo, this time with a Circus theme
- How to make a pendant from a patterned polymer clay sheet from Too Aquarius
And there you have it. Plenty of links to keep you busy this Winter weekend. Stay warm and cozy!