It has been so long since I’ve done one of these, and I thought it was about time for another! Feel free to play along on your own blog, and link to it in the comments.
Here is a smattering of my own recent reasons to be cheerful:
1. Pumpkin patches in October, both recent and long ago. These pictures were taken at Hillview Farms a few days ago, and eight years ago, respectively. (I’m telling you, the photos that are popping up on my October screen saver are killing me with cuteness. Apparently I took a lot of pictures of the boys during October, when they were little. I’m having an adorableness overload over here.)
2. Everybody busy in the same room, doing our own things but still together nearly all day. (Those laptops are simultaneously the best and worst things we ever bought them…)
3. The home stretch. Yep, I finished knitting the sweater at 11pm on Sunday night. I still have ends to weave in, and buttons to make, but if I can do that quickly, I might even get to wear it this afternoon! And the weather is perfect for it. Sweater Weather is even more wonderful when you have your own handknit to try out.
4. Mason jars and chalkboard labels. Need I say more?
5. Cozy boys: together on the couch, with an early copy of a book written by a friend, and a mama-made blanket.
6. Friendly blog readers, who complement me on my hair and give me plenty of advice and/or empathy when necessary. Thanks for that!
How about you? Anything making you cheerful this Monday morning?