- 3 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cooking oil
- 4 Eggs, or equivalent egg substitute
- 2 1/2 cups Canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Walnuts or Chocolate Chips, Optional
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, mix by hand the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Combine with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the optional ingredients, if using.
- Bake in two 9×5 loaf pans at 350 degrees, checking for doneness after 45 minutes.
Recipe By:Lisa Clarke
Weight Watchers Points: 4.8 for 1/24th of recipe
Yield: 2 Loaves
- I also like to use this recipe to make a dozen muffins and four mini-loaves. Decrease the baking time accordingly.
- The 2.5 cups of pumpkin can be replaced by the same quantity of other fruit. Bananas, applesauce, cranberries, figs – all good choices. Try adding leftover jars of baby food to the mix.
- White whole wheat flour can be substituted with no change in flavor.
- These freeze very well.